Blog post

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Researching Abroad Roadshow is coming to Canberra

Coming up next month (August 2017) is a fantastic opportunity for Australians with British or European ancestry. I’m talking about Unlock the Past’s ‘Genealogy Roadshow’ on the subject Researching Abroad: Finding British Isles and European Ancestors.

The roadshow features two very well regarded international speakers – Chris Paton from Scotland and Dirk Weissleder from Germany. If you haven’t been to a genealogy event before, this would be a great one to start with.

Researching abroad: 8-26 August. Brisbane, Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth


I’ve followed Chris Paton’s blog for years. When I learned that he was going to be speaking in Canberra, I jumped at the chance to attend. I’ve had this in my calendar since February!

More recently, I signed up as a Roadshow Ambassador. I’m more than happy to support the Roadshow’s success as I would love to see more events like it. Tickets are available on the Unlock the Past site (scroll down to the city list). There’s a small discount for pre-booking, and by pre-booking you’ll also be entered into a rather substantial prize draw of genealogy goodies.



Disclosure: In return for acting as a Roadshow Ambassador I have received free entry to the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment